Performing in a small ensemble is an excellent way for dancers to learn to work as a team, develop communication skills, and build social connections with others. Ensembles provide excellent preparation for being part of a larger performance cast.
IPBA Ensembles are formed in August as team performing groups to represent IPBA throughout the year at various events in the community as well as IPB Company events. Ensembles rehearse variations and group choreography from August through April to be presented as a team. Dancers who are currently Level 2B and up are eligible. No auditions are required. Ensemble participants may also choose to participate in the YAGP competition as well, but it is not mandatory.
Past community events where IPBA Ensembles have performed include:
- IPB Fall Fest
- IPB Trilogy: Take II
- Village Venture, Claremont
- Community Arts Festival, Rancho Cucamonga
- American Cancer Society’s Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk
- Students must be enrolled in IPBA Accelerated Track
- Maintain expected attendance requirement.
- Volunteer a minimum of three times during the year at IPB Company events.